The most serious car or truck accident is a head-on collision. A recent Jury Verdict Research study found that 79% of plaintiffs involved in a head-on truck accident—defined as a truck accident where at least one of the vehicles traveled across the centerline, with a truck received damages—received a damage award. The median damage award in a head-on truck accident case is $ 242,150. I did not see the average truck accident jury award, but I suspect it is well over $1 million.
- Average Rear End Truck Accident Verdict (average national verdict)
- Truck Accident Settlements and Verdicts (more Jury Verdict Research data)
- How Truck Accident Cases Are Valued (who lawyers and insurance companies put a settlement value on a truck accident case)
- Truck Accident Verdict Data (even more data)
- Truck Accident Cases (general overview)